Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Wow! Look At Me!

Christmas was amazing! Family time was the best ever! Grandkids are so fun! Celebrating the birth of my Savior was wonderful!

Wow! Look at me! It's only December 29th and I've already taken the Christmas background off of my blog and put away all the signs of Christmas around my house! I am not sorry to close out 2010! It was a difficult and painful year - a year of change! At one point about half way thru this year, the thought went through my mind "Someday you will look back on this year and say 'That was a good year!'" Well, I'm certainly not THERE yet but, I survived and am now ready to THRIVE in the new year ahead. The one thing I CAN say is "God is faithful"! Even when people and situations are disappointing, He is faithful!

Wow! Look at me! I'm 40 pounds lighter than I was this time last year! Finally, one new years resolution accomplished! That certainly feels good! I learned alot through the process. I learned that I was believing a lie. I actually believed there was no hope and that I could never loose the weight. Now I will never be deceived in that way again. I can do all things through Christ!

Soon I will say "Wow! Look at me! All my stuff in order! My word for the new year is "order". My aim for the new year is to "get my house in order". I intend to clean closets, clean drawers, reorganize file cabinets and pantries, create new photo albums (with all the pictures stacked in photo boxes) and basically put in order every nook and cranny of my life.... at home and office! One project at a time...one cluttered pile at a time. I'm not in a rush, not in a big hurry - but determined. I think I'll start with the smallest projects first and move on to the bigger ones....

I have one more "Wow! Look at me!" but I am saving it for another post! I'll be back soon! I promise!

Happy New Year to all!!

5 comments:

Lilibeth said...

Hey, I'm so proud of you. Losing 40 pounds is a tremendous accomplishment. I've been trying to lose all year and finally managed 10. However, over the Christmas break I've gained back two. It's discouraging. Oh well. I can do it. Organizing is an ongoing battle as well, but I know what the key to it is: it's trashing things you don't need. I'm ready for that too. I think you have inspired me. I think I'll just do a little at a time...say one closet/drawer/cupboard a week?

ghost said...

2010 was only slightly better than 2009, which was the worst of my life. here's to hoping 2011 is better for us all.

i will say that order is highly overrated, dawn. there's always room for a little chaos.

Moe said...

wow...i am looking at you in some christmas photos you posted and you and skinny skinny! :) I love you and I hope 2011 is amazing for the Bensons...hopefully I will get to see you more than oh..ONCE this year! :)

Lilibeth said...

Sounds like a good plan. I'll post on here every Sunday whether it was a cabinet, dresser, or closet and you do the same as a comment on whatever blog entry of mine happens to be current. Other commenters probably won't understand it, but hey, we will.

Lilibeth said...

Two drawers in the kitchen.