Friday, January 25, 2008

Gramma's The Name.....Spoiling's The Game

It was fun having the girls spend the night last week-end! Every toy in the house was scattered in the livingroom for the entire time they were here. We played wth the doll house and all its accessories. We read stories. We colored in the middle of the floor. We molded snakes and balls from Play Doh. We sang and danced and giggled while watching Dora and Hannah Montana. So much fun! And I didn't clean any of the mess up until after they left! (I was never this "chilled" with my own kids!)

First thing Saturday morning after giving them a list of available breakfast foods, I asked them what they wanted to eat. Brylea just wanted cereal (sugarcoated, of course!) but Addie didn't even hesitate to say she wanted RAMEN NOODLES! For real? You're kidding, right? But she wasn't. After trying to coax her in a different direction, I thought, "Oh well, she's at Gramma's. It's only one day. Let Mom handle her nutrition when she gets home!" Ramen Noodles it was! My little three year old monkey ate the whole package all by herself.

Surely for lunch, I can convince them both to eat some "real" food but when lunch came along. Brylea asked for pancakes and Addie again insisted that all she wanted was Ramen Noodles!!!This time I didn't even try to convince either of them differently! After all, they are suppose to LOVE coming to Gramma's! I fixed pancakes and ramen noodles! Again, Addie ate every noodle and Brylea ate about 3-4 pancakes with syrup! They were very happy!!

Before any of you start lecturing me on children's nutrition, let me just say that I know, I know! But Gramma's my name and spoiling's my game!! So fun!

And then I sent them home to Momma!!

3 comments:

Nanna's Place said...

Way to go. I do the same thing when my grands are here....spoil them rotten. After all grammas and nannas place is the best place to be right?

Anonymous said...

she was eating ramen noodles that night we went to Amber and Chad's too!! wait til she discovers mac and cheese :) Love the Pictures!!

MISS YOU!!
moe

marme said...

now that's my kind of visit. sarah just told me today, mama you started this begging she does cause you feed her anything you have! I said I know, that's how it's suppose to be! ;)