Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I Won!! (Ahhh ...I guess......)

You've gotta be kidding! I never win anything!! But this time I did! I couldn't believe it when they called my name. There were 60 others sitting there with me but it was my name that I heard! I had been sitting there ALL day long. We had answered questions, listened intently, fought to stay awake at times and squirmed in our seats. Finally, it was time for the verdict! They would call 12 names...mine was the first! "Mrs B---, would you please take your seat in the jury box." So I did and that is where I have sat for the past 2 days. It's a criminal case and I will be in that seat for some time to come. Possibly for a couple of weeks. I'm not allowed to talk about the case at all...to anyone... but I will say that it is interesting. I am a bit stressed because I am putting everything else on hold. Next week is our big annual ladies event. There is still much to do and I am being forced to delegate, delegate! That could actually be a good thing.... but it's really tough on me. Well, I'm off to bed cause I am exhausted after a long day in court! :-0

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww poor dawn :(

Anonymous said...

So sorry! I never have to do it because of working in the Health Care profession! It's so nice...but I do feel bad for you. Hey maybe it will be interesting.