Friday, April 11, 2008

Jury Duty Is Finally Over

Well, it's over. After 5 days in court it is finally finished! This morning we found the lady guilty of theft ($151,000) against a mentally handicaped man, age 58. This afternoon we finished the sentencing part of the trial where we sent her to jail on two different counts for 5 years each and also fined her $10,000. That was a very difficult and emotional thing for me. I was heartbroken for both the victim and the defendant. Call me an old softy but I couldn't help it. Haven't slept much for the last couple of nights... just keep running everything over in my head. I can only pray for her now but I was so sad when they took her away to jail. (Can't get that picture out of my head.)

It is a fearful thing to hold someone's future in your hands...........

No comments: