Saturday, September 29, 2007

Small Differences

Last weekend while going through Abilene on my way to the women's retreat, I stopped at the mall and did some shopping. I bought myself several tops that were on sale at Dillards and also bought my hubby 4 new shirts. I was very excited about my purchases and couldn't wait to get home to show Mike and let him try them on. haha! Here it is a week later and the bag is still laying on the floor in the closet waiting for someone to come along and take a peek. I have suggested at least 3-4 times that he needs to go try his new clothes on and he always says "Oh yeah, I will...I just keep forgetting"

On the other hand, I have already worn every new piece of clothing that I bought for myself. I would never leave new clothes just laying around in the shopping bag for a whole week! No way! I have been known to get out of bed at midnight to model something new!

It just occured to me that this is just another one of the small differences between my amazing man and me!

Of course if I had bought him some new golf balls, they would have already been used! Yep!

6 comments:

beautiful chaos said...

My husband does that too! It annoys me!
I just wanna know if I am WAY OFF on his style or if he just doesn't care. I'd rather not spend the money if he doesn't like it...
And yes, I am all about the midnight fashion show - how right you are!!
And you have to PLAN your new outfit wearings so you don't accidentally wear the same ones around the same people groups...
We girls are so funny!

ree said...

AND we directly relate the outfit to what sale we got it at!

That red dress? Girl, I got that for $19.99 at the post-Columbus Day sale, after, of course, I'd seen it at the Labor Day sale for $59.99 and I just wasn't going to pay that for it!

Yes, we girls are funny.

Dawn said...

No, it's not us girls that are funny! It's them guys! haha!

Anonymous said...

Hey Dawn...I haven't welcomed you to the blogging world...so WELCOME! Glad you joined....can't wait to read more stories and keep up...I enjoyed our talks at the retreat...Love you.

Unknown said...

well of course the golf balls would have been used! c'mon - you know how we roll! We really don't need shirts - i mean we only wear them because without 'em, you women would be all over us all the time... so it's sort of like... self preservation! - heh, kidding, i am.

Anonymous said...

Tim -

yes we might be all over you guys with out your shirts on.... BUT we really like T-shirts that say "i am just here for the babes"... thats what really gets us!! so i guess we need to purchase some more of those!

hee hee great memories!!