Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Practicing His Presence

I love the presence of God. It seems easy to enter into His presence when I am at church and the worship leader ushers us all right into the Holy Place with wonderful praise and worship. It's a little harder on my own, when I am not surrounded by other believers. There are so many things to distract me.......so many thoughts invading my mind-space. At the retreat that I went to this past week-end, I really fought for God's presence. His presence is awesome and when I finally get there, I always find just what I need. When I need peace, He is my Jehovah Peace. When I need grace, He is my Jehovah Grace. When I need comfort, He is my Jehovah Comfort. Everything I need, He is to me. I need to learn to practice His presence more. Go there often. It's worth the fight.

1 comment:

marme said...

You certainly helped all those at the retreat find Him and find ourselves acceptable in His presence.
Thank you and welcome to the blogger world!