Saturday, September 29, 2007

I Want To Finish Strong

I want to finish strong.

I went to a funeral today. It was a man who use to know God in a very intimate and personal way. He raised his family in church and was a leader in the church. But something happened and about the time his kids were leaving home, he made a decision to walk away. Walk away from his wife, his home, his kids, his church and his God. It was a decision that hurt a lot of people. It has been years now. He has paid the ultimate consequence of his actions. Only fifty years old and his life is over. Yes, he turned to God in his death and yes, thankfully, we have a loving Father full of grace and mercy who lovingly welcomed him back home but I couldn't help but think as I left that funeral how sad that though he started out strong, his finish was weak. His testimony was marred. People were hurt. His latter life was a life of ruin.

I'll say it again.....I want to finish strong.....

No comments: