Friday, October 5, 2007

Gracefully? Never!

I went to take a friends nephew to the airport this week and because he was a minor I had to take him in and wait until the plane was in the air. On the way out I realized that I had been in such a hurry that I forgot to pay close attention to where I parked my car! It was horrible! I wandered through that airport parking lot for close to an hour. I couldn't even remember what level I parked on! I was near tears and about to give up while still wandering around muttering, "I am so old! I am so old." All I could think of was that my Grandmother use to loose her car........but she was OLD!! Ya know, they say we are suppose to "grow old gracefully". Well, not me! I plan to go kicking and screaming all the way! I wish we could grow old but never look old! Wouldn't that be great? I'm not sure at what age we would suddenly stop aging......maybe 25 ...or 30. I think 30 wouldn't be bad. I wouldn't mind looking the way I did at 30. (Just not the same hairdo! ha!) Oh well, I finally did find my car - just as I was about to try to find security to help me. I'm so glad I didn't have to do that! He probably would have thought I was just a silly "old" lady!

3 comments:

rhondamarie said...

your not old. i still feel 20 inside even though i will hit the big 40 on my next b-day.

marme said...

your old.

ha!

me too. I do it all the time. and i could have been in walmart for like 5 minutes and forget. I've even tried to, no I have, gotten in the wrong car. and there was someone in it!

I'm sitting here laughing hysterically thinking of you wandering around muttering like a crazy little old lady. you'r so funny! but your my friend and I love you...old or not!

ree said...

I'm 34 and I forget where my car is all the time! Sometimes I look and look and look for my car before I realize that Dan took me to work!
Now that's bad...