Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I Know What Won't Work!

It's not fun...being discouraged and I rarely get that way. (thank God!) But today I am a bit discouraged....just in one area of my life.

There is one fight that I have been fighting for a long time. I have had a burden for this for years now and I have put alot of energy, emotion and time into it - but I'm getting nowhere and I'm tired.

I am being a bit vague here... but it's ok...just bear with me as I rant.

I have had a vision for this particular thing for so long! Strugggling to try to make a dream become a reality... But it hasnt' happened! In fact, I think things have gotten worse. How long before I can give up? I really want to give up on this one issue.

I've always heard that if you give something your all, be diligent and work hard - you will succeed. I'm not sure I believe that. Sometimes you work really hard and you still fail. And how long before you actually call it a failure? 2,3,4 years? Well, I'm there.

Failure. I hate the sound of that word! Sometimes we don't try, for fear of failure. But God, I tried and still failed. Now what? One thing about failure...it taught me what won't work.

I guess I'm suppose to regroup and start fighting from a different angle.

I really need some wisdom here! And some energy!

Now what?

4 comments:

Adam said...

I don't believe in failure. I believe in the ability to start over with knowledge that you didn't have before. You only fail when you actually give up. Until then you aren't failing you are learing. Thomas Edison said "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." He also holds 1,093 patents the most of any inventor ever. I know it is a struggle to not give up and except failure I deal with the same thing. But I truly believe we grow through our failures and can only truly fail when we walk away and accept defeat. I will pray for you I know you will prevail.

ree said...

If I may...a wise lady at the retreat told me in so many words that just because you see it as a failure doesn't make it necessarily so. You may never know until you get to heaven what lives were changed because of what you allowed the Lord to do through you.
Don't give up! The results we see doesn't always match the tally God keeps.

Anonymous said...

Ok...wow...my brother just wrote what I was thinking of saying...but better. It's sickening, he's such a good writer...it sounds like a greeting card or something...where is my writing gene.

Ok, well here is something else to think about...

"For I walk by faith not by sight." I Corinthians 5:7

When we have a desire in our heart to make something happen...we start out by taking steps to get there. I believe our Father walks with us through everything, but He also let's us make the mistakes that we make to make us stronger. As you take your steps toward your goal don't think of them as failure when you don't get to where you are going... think that you are walking by faith...you may be failing in your eyes, but know that God is leading you. I think we are blind to where He is actually leading us...we want it one way and He has something so must greater, that we cannot see. I hope that makes sense. I will be praying for you that God will guide you. I know He sees your heart and will give you those desires....hang in there and keep on keepin on.

"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."
~ Unknown

marme said...

I too have been in the same place. I gave my burden to others.
Sometimes it died, some times it thrived.
But you never fail when you follow God's lead.
It's just His timing.
He redirects.
And He blesses obedience. Whether we understand why or not.
Sometimes it's just His time for another to pick up the burden so their life can be forever changed.
Mistakes and successes are for us all to perfect us.