Sunday, October 21, 2007

I've Been Tagged

I've been tagged by "rw" so here goes! (Of course, there is nothing weird, odd, strange about me....)


  • After I shower in the mornings, I always put my makeup on before I fix my hair. I feel like my hair looks better if my make up is on. No, really!! I have better hair days when my makeup is on first!

  • I cannot go into the kitchen and begin cooking if there are dishes in the sink. I must first make sure the kitchen is clean and every dish is put away before I can start. It use to make my husband and kids crazy if they were starving and I had to make sure everything was in place before I could begin cooking! Crazy, I know but a necessity!

  • I have to sleep on the right side of the bed. I don’t sleep well if I am not on the right side! I need to be able to kick my right leg out of the covers in the middle of the night when I get one of those “flashes” !

  • I completed a course to become a Medical Office Assistant and did 9 weeks of “on the job” training in a doctor’s office. I concluded that I did not have the stomach for this line of work about the third time the doctor had to say “Dawn, sit down and put your head between you knees!” Came close to passing out several times and have never pursued this profession since…

  • Mike and I married so young (both 17) that we could not legally get married in the state of Oklahoma so we had to go to Kansas and get married in the morning and then came back for a mock wedding that night in Oklahoma with no one knowing that we were already married!

  • I was determined to prove my husband wrong and signed up to give blood plasma just to make some extra Christmas money. Mike didn’t think I would do it. But when I got in there and was laying on the table, with the needle in my arm, I began getting really sick and passing out. They couldn’t get me to come to and were about to take me by ambulance to the hospital. They packed me in ice and kept slapping me in the face to wake me up! They literally had to stop in the middle of it all and put the blood/plasma back in!! To make matters worse – I was suppose to make $100 and they only paid my $17 because they had to stop in the middle of it all. I went through all of that for $17!!! I was very upset but when they asked me if I wanted to come back again later and try again I said definitely “No!”

  • I love knowing what annoys people so that I can be annoying!! I can’t wait to see DeLana again so I can annoy her by slurping through a straw into an empty glass! Yep! Can't wait! Don't worry, I will stay out of "slap range".

2 comments:

rhondamarie said...

gosh you're stranger than i thought. maybe i shouldn't have tagged you.....just joking. my question is did number 4 happen before or after number 6?

beautiful chaos said...

ok - now that I'm catching up with everyone else...
You're a really funny person!
I knew I loved you!