Monday, October 15, 2007

Some More Daze of My Life

I haven't posted in a little over a week. Life has been busy....Went to a Minister's retreat the first of last week and it was really great to spend time with other preachers wives and especially my good friend, Lana. The last morning that I was there, the speaker spoke about the possibility - or even the probability of having a Judas in our life. It was an awesome message even though it left me with a bit of an unsettled feeling. Jesus had a Judas in his life and it was recorded for a purpose...maybe to show us the example of how to react when we are faced with that kind of betrayal. It must have hurt a lot - having someone who was so close to him, one of his inner circle of friends, to stab him in the back.

But on a lighter not, I am so thankful for the friends God has placed in my life. Most of them are truly amazing and I am a better person when with them. You know who you are!! Thanks!

I had a lot to catch up on when returning from the retreat....work, work, work....

On Friday I took the time to do some Christmas shopping! Yep! Really! Christmas shopping! Spent the whole day with a friend roaming the mall. It was wonderful! Haven't done that in so long. I'm getting a head start. But knowing me that means I will just keep shopping and spending right up till Christmas! (Maybe I should have waited and started on Christmas Eve! haha!) Then we met our husbands for dinner. I was totally exhausted when we got home around 10:30 pm. A great day!

Church was amazing yesterday! Awesome and powerful!! God is doing some remarkable things....had a couple of people commit their life to God and a host of people come forward for help with addictions, healing and needs met!

Our church is mothering another church where my son is the pastor and they had a great day yesterday also. 85 in attendance1 Not bad for a church that didn't even exist just a few months ago! They are excited and our whole church is pumped because we feel that we have had a part in the process!!

God's calling is so incredible and I am so amazed that He uses us to fulfill His will!

I am rambling today....but these are the daze of my life!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds busy...but then I feel God has been telling me lately that busy is good...I think He's trying to tell me I'm lazy. :0) I have been feeling a longing to give more of myself...still searching for what I can do...

marme said...

this is sad, but I have checked your blog daily and this was the third time today and I'm thinking, Dawn write! Well I had a brain fart and went back to it again and scrolled down PAST the pictures and walah!

I had a great time too and now that my baby is gone I'll post about it as well. Glad I got to spend it with you!

ree said...

Sounds like God is doing amazing things in our services all over the place! Isn't He amazing???