Saturday, October 27, 2007

Oh For A Thousand Tongues To Sing

Well, for the past couple of days I have literally had NO voice. I try to talk but nothing comes out. It is so frustrating and exhausting. Every time I say something I have to repeat it because I can't be heard and that just adds to the frustration!

We had a wedding at our church today. It was an African wedding.....(Very interesting but that is a different story.....) They had praise and worship at this wedding! I did my best to sing but it was completely hopeless! Nothing would come out except little raspy squeaks! So I just listened and thought how glad I am that I am not without voice permanently! (Although, some may find my temporary silence quite nice!) It would be so terrible to never be able to sing again! Singing........


  • It is my expression of praise when I am rejoicing!
  • It is my expression of gratitude when I am thankful.
  • It is my testimony of His faithfulness in my triumphs.
  • It is my release from the spirit of heaviness!
  • It is my entrance into the Holy of Holies.
  • It is my worship and love to a worthy redeemer!

When I sing, it is all of this and so much more! Thank you God, for a voice to sing! If I had a thousand tongues - I would use them all to sing praises to you!

Well anyway, here's hoping that my voice will come back soon! I hate to miss singing tomorrow at church!

2 comments:

marme said...

Me too! I'm so thankful God here's my praise as a joyful noise because when I sing it does sound like I'm singing with a thousand tongues...different tongues singing in a thousand different keys! ha!

But not you my friend...not you!

Beautiful!

marme said...

oh holy cow, I mean "hears!"

Pet Peeve #1!

Good grief, I hate that you can't fix a comment!