Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Name Game

Oh, the names he calls me
Behind my back, not face to face
He whispers loud enough to hear
“Unworthy” - “A Disgrace!”
He knows just when it hurts the most
That’s when he throws the stone
He loves to call me “Failure”
“Hopeless” and “Alone”
“Forgotten” and “Forsaken”
Echo in my ear
“Rejected” “Lost” and “Broken”
He calls me “Full of Fear”

“Defeated Foe”, “Under My Feet”
“The Father of all Lies”
“The Evil One” – “Impostor”
“Dark Angel of Disguise”
You know your days are numbered
Little time to do your deeds
So with deceitful lies you call your names
And plant your little seeds

But forget the rubble of my past!
Forget where all I’ve been!
For now I’ve met a Savior
Who loves to call me “Friend”
“Redeemed” “My Bride” and “Lovely”
He says it to my face!
I love it when He calls me
“A Sinner Saved By Grace”!
He loves to call me “Whole Again”
“The Righteousness of God”
Yes, now my name is “Chosen”
“Accepted” and “Beloved”

Who is this most treasured one
Who rescues me from death?
He is the great “Creator”
The one who gives me breath!
He’s my “Knight In Shining Armor”
The “Lover of My Soul”
The “Light of my Salvation”
And “Shepherd of the Fold”
I love to call him “Wonderful”
“Messiah” – “Great I Am”
“My Healer” – and “Provider”
“The Lion and The Lamb”
When I’m weak, I call him “Jesus”
That name most powerful
When I’m troubled he’s my “Prince of Peace”
Who calms the restless soul
When I’m dejected he’s the “Glory”
And “Lifter of My Head”
I remember he’s the “Truth” and “Way”
And look to Him instead.

So when Satan plays this name game
He comes off rather lame
I cannot loose! - The war’s been won!
“Defeated” is his name!

7 comments:

ree said...

Chills...

It makes me wanna shout,
"Hallelujah! Thank you, Jesus! Lord your worthy of all the glory, and all the honor, and all the praise!"

Anonymous said...

Love it...I got chills too!

rhondamarie said...

wonderful

marme said...

Wow, that's it, the one I liked so much!

You are incredible and anointed!

I'm shouting!

beautiful chaos said...

ok - that was good!
I have a confession to make. I don't know when you put the "beautiful Dallas at night" picture up, but that is the last 'post' I had read.
I kept checking your blog faithfully everyday and everyday - it was the same.
I honestly never thought about the fact that the Dallas picture was a permanent fixture on you blog and that if I scrolled down there would be a wealth of new posts for me to read. Needless to say, I have some catching up to do...

La said...

Ha! I did the same thing A did. I kept wondering how long I had to look at Dallas (even though it's my favorite city!).

You are an incredibly gifted writer. Very, very good.....

marme said...

this was really strange, but I was just scrolling down your blog to see if there were any blogs I hadn't read and seen the name of this blog as "The New Name", then I realized it was "The Name Game", and I thought I'm going blind, then I had this thought instantly, like from the Holy Spirit, The New Name, that's what we get, then the enemy can't hurt us with his name game any longer! how incredible is that!